Background

Monday, March 5, 2012

Discovering Darwin

    On February 16Th 2012, I made a HUGE decision. This decision however, would later make me the happiest girl ever! It was on that day that I adopted Darwin. 
Darwin Mendel Lucas is the name I gave to my new doggy. If you didn't already know, I am majoring in Biology, and I'm a geek. So yes, he is named after the lovely Charles Darwin, and the phenomenal Gregor Mendel (the father of genetics). No wonder he is such a smart dog right?
I have had Darwin a little over two weeks now. He knows how to sit, shake, and as of a little over a week ago, lay down. He's a freaking genius. So what if he pulls me around the floor at puppy class giving me rug burns? or enjoys shitting on trees? he is perfect to me. 
I adopted him from the Salt Lake Animal Shelter through their "Pit Crew" program. He is about a year and a half (or so they think). Nobody has a solid answer on his breed, but so far the winner is a Boxer/Pit bull. Whatever he is, I don't mind. He is mine, and that is all that matters. 
Darwin Mendel Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment